Joysway DragonForce 65 Version 6 Sailboat RTR 8815
The Joysway DragonForce is the one of the best selling RC yacht/ sailboats in the world, and with the new Version 6, it just got better!!
New features on the DF65 Version 6 Include:
- 50 Micron Mylar " A" Sails, ships flat in box, with corner reinforcement, battens, eyelets and improved jib luff
- Boom Vang redesigned to be easy to adjust, better connection to boom
- Redesigned "no flex" Servo tray, featuring improved control arm geometry
- New Jib forestay fitting for easier more consistent jib rigging
- Upgraded digital rudder servo
- New Keel Bolt main sheet guide fitting, to stabilize main sheet ring
- Upgraded radio, with improved adjustment
- Redesigned rudder post, to improve fit and stability
- Recessed deck track for eyelets, and improved under deck plastic insert to keep eyelets waterproof without extra glue
- Retooled mold designed to make boat more durable / thicker
The Joysway DragonForce 65, or DF65 for short, is currently the best-selling RC sailboat in the world. The reasons are as simple as the concept and design itself, which was developed in collaboration between Joysway and top RC performance yacht designers . Sleek lines and competition-developed sails make the DragonForce 65 race, perform and compete against even those sailboats that would be 10 times the price! The boat is based on the ICE design with an ABS hull, profiled aluminum fin and molded plastic rudder. The rig is a full sized, low aspect rig with carbon spars and a ball raced gooseneck.
The DragonForce 65 is a recognized competition RC yacht that can be sailed in the restricted DF65 Class which is recognized by the American Model Yachting Association, with well-defined rules and RC associations that are located worldwide.
With DF65 clubs all over North America, chances are there is a group near you sailing one! This is the perfect boat to start you own group sailing as well.
The DF65 RTR Version is shipped with everything necessary to get started . Preinstalled Servo's, Preassembled booms, sails, fittings, 2.4G controller and receiver, etc. All you need to do is assemble the spars , Mast, hang the sails, and go race!
Specifications and Features
- Length: 650 mm
- Beam: 116.5 mm
- Rig Height: 915mm
- Overall Height: 1388mm
- Sail area (Mainsail): 1460 square cm
- Sail Area: (Jib): 766 square cm
- Sail Area (overall) 2226 square cm
- 50 micron Mylar Film racing sails with printed Flow stripes and Logo
- RTR Total Weight: 1200g (not including batteries)
- ABS Molded and Painted Hull with decal stickers
- 2.4GHz 4 Channel Digital Radio Included
- Extruded Aluminum Keel with Zinc Alloy Ballast Bulb
- Extruded Carbon Fiber Mast and Boom Tubes
- Metal Geared Digital Rudder Servo and Fast Powerful Sail Winch
- Display stand – Molded Plastic and Fiberglass Tubes
7 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Took a little time to set up carefully. Well worth the investment. It sails beautifully.
Biggest bang for the $$ I've seen in a long time. Unit is in spectacular condition in a sophisticated packing box, Assembly instructions appear to have been written in non-translated English and are terrific. Parts and finish are excellent and first sailings are fantastic. Why kids waste time playing games with their thumbs when such amazing toys are available is beyond me. Kudos to rchobbiesoutlet for fast service and response to an inquiry also.
Arrived promptly in good shape, It took a while to tie all knots and thread bowsies. After waiting a week for the pond to thaw, everything went well, and second time there were other df65's there. Everthing works well and is a speedy boat
Great value! At under $300 this RC model yacht beats the competition. Build quality is excellent and it comes with everything you need to start rc sailing. I was also impressed with the transmitter-receiver range (at least 100m). There is quite a bit of assembly required but this was fun with the clear instruction manual. What you are left with is a serious model racing yacht with full range of adjustments for sail trimming to suit various wind conditions. Full marks Joysway!
Easy to assemble and contains good instructions.
This is my second DF65. Unfortunately one tiny piece was missing... the jib tack hook.
Well this one is a no-brainer. Look around the web and you'll see why this boat is so popular. This is a top quality racing sailboat with plenty of after sales support, you will not be disappointed. I had my boat shipped from Toronto to Tucson and I had it hand in just a few days. Rchobbiesoutlet is great to deal with. They answered my question immediately and I placed my order online without problems. Buy with confidence.
Great customer service. Quick delivery. And the Dragonforce 65 is a blast.